Times of Malaya when Pioneers, Planters, Miners, Civil Servants, Merchants, Police and the Military - both regulars and volunteers, during British Colonisation period, lived in the Straits Settlements of Singapore, Malacca and Penang and the Federated Malay States of Perak, Selangor, Pahang, Negri Sembilan including Unfederated States of Johore, Terengganu, Kelantan & Perlis. From 1786, the arrival of Francis Light; 1819, landing of Stamford Raffles with the Honourable East India Company & the administration of the Straits Settlements by British India through to being The Crown Colony in 1867 leading to WW1 and WW2 in Malaya. The Times of Malayan Emergency to the independence of Malaya in 1957 and the Republic of Singapore in 1965.

Friday 8 April 2011

Ipoh Railway Station antique lift, Ipoh


A unique sign in the old lift in the Ipoh Railway Station. It reads:

Hi Dearest Girls & Boys
I am as antique as your grand grand pa is,
I move slow & react slow,
If you push/pull my door when use me,
then I will shock there & stop there,
So, lovely boys & girls,
treat me well, treat me good,
treat me like your lady,
For going up - press 1 time of button (3)
& wait 1 minute for door closing,
For going down - press 1 time of button (1)
& wait 1 minute for door closing,
then I will always be here for next 100 years
to serve You, your son and grandson

Please use this instructions whenever you use something old and with heritage value, so that future generations can still enjoy such antiques! Hopefully the sign still exist in this lift as the picture was taken in 2007 - Apologies for the blurry picture as the lift actually stopped suddenly , in between floors, whilst TOM was taking the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment